Friday, January 9, 2009

My Son's Revolutionary Regimental Coat

Here's a boy's regimental coat I worked up about a year and a half ago from the Smoke/Fire Regimental Coat Pattern. Since there weren't boys in the regimental army, I had to size the pattern down to fit a boy size 8-ish. Navy Blue wool, fully lined with tea dyed heavy cotton, metal buttons. I made matching knee breeches when I made it and he was George Washington for Halloween that year. Here's some fun pics. I did not get the hook/eyes put on the flaps to pin them back for marching, so he just wears it down. I also did not hand work the buttonholes--I was in a hurry to get it done for Halloween, so machine buttonholes had to suffice (there were only 32 buttonholes . . . ).
Front:

Back:Wearing it on Halloween:And actually buttoned up shooting in the rain at CSMLA Rocky Mountain College Rendezvous:

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is really amazing! You're so talented! When I was young my parents used to haul us to all the different rendezvous' in southern Utah. I miss that part of my childhood a lot.

    ReplyDelete